September 23, 2011

Ho-omeward Bound

I'm currently in flight over the Rocky Mountains, on my way home. I've been in motion for over a week now, traveling to Seattle to visit my brother Sam. In addition to seeing him and seeing the sites in Seattle, we decided to take a 15+ hour drive to Oakland/San Francisco via Route 5 to meet Megan. She was the best hostess and gave me a fine tour of the entire Bay Area. Her sunny disposition is extremely contagious and it was nice to watch the interactions of their budding relationship. It's always nice to see people you care for so happy. I should also mention her giving us the most delicious granola and homemade pop tarts for our ride back! If you've never tasted either of them, you should order some now by going here: MargeBakery.com

The trip has been wonderful all-around and I feel I've experienced more than most people in the length of time I've been out west. Besides the much needed vacation and time with one of my favorite brothers, I've seen the Space Needle (from below as I'm terribly afraid of heights), Volunteer Park and its beautiful Conservatory, the Cobain house, Bruce Lee's grave, the Seattle Public Library, Public Market, Delancey, Skillet, May Thai, the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, Golden Gardens park, Elliott Bay Book Company, the first Starbucks, the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Lombard Street, Homeroom, Mount Shasta, Mount Hood, Portland, Stumptown Coffee, and more if you can believe that! 

I cannot wait to get home to my Bruce and my pugs (Quasi & Lola).

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks Christa! It was so wonderful to see you and get to spend some time together. Next time:knitting round things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails