July 25, 2010

Organic Chicken Sauteed in a Peach Balsamic Reduction Sauce with Crimini Mushrooms

This is one of my favorite dinners and my friend Garrett recently asked for it, so since it's all typed out, please feel free to enjoy it :)
ORGANIC CHICKEN SAUTEED IN A PEACH BALSAMIC REDUCTION SAUCE WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS

INGREDIENTS:

  • salt & pepper
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 8 skinless, boneless organic chicken thighs
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 orange marmalade (can sub. peach or apricot preserves)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 medium onion, sliced or diced
  • 1 handful of crimini mushrooms, halved
  • 3 cups arugula or baby spinach (optional)
In a large skillet, heat the extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and lightly sauté. Season the chicken with salt & pepper and add to the skillet. Sauté the chicken until crispy and brown, 8-10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter.

Whisk the balsamic vinegar and marmalade into skillet, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute, adding butter and mushrooms at this time. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and if you'd like to add baby spinach or arugula, you can do so at this time.


This dish can be served with pasta, rice, potatoes or salad. My favorite is with a sweet potato.


SERVES: 4

enjoy, Christa

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like your blog and I love to cook so I'm going to try the Organic chicken recipe. Thanks for posting it! I came across your blog through your etsy. I also live in Mt. Holly, and I sell homemade jewelry. My etsy is thelovelyplace. Good luck with your shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jill. Much luck with your new shop; I like your jewelry.

    Would you let me know how the recipe works out for you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails