This is one of my favorite dinners and my friend Garrett recently asked for it, so since it's all typed out, please feel free to enjoy it :)
ORGANIC CHICKEN SAUTEED IN A PEACH BALSAMIC REDUCTION SAUCE WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 skinless, boneless organic chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 orange marmalade (can sub. peach or apricot preserves)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced or diced
- 1 handful of crimini mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach (optional)
Whisk the balsamic vinegar and marmalade into skillet, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute, adding butter and mushrooms at this time. Return the chicken to the pan and coat with the sauce. Remove the pan from the heat and if you'd like to add baby spinach or arugula, you can do so at this time.
This dish can be served with pasta, rice, potatoes or salad. My favorite is with a sweet potato.