March 27, 2010

Bright Star

Have you seen the movie Bright Star? It's the love story about John Keats and Fanny Brawne. It was a beautifully made movie. The story, the direction, the acting, the wardrobe! Oh, the wardrobe!

Above, Abbie Cornish is wearing a small sweater made completely out of miniature granny squares. Her character carefully sews and designs each of the exquisite pieces she wears throughout the movie. They must be made of thread in order to be to small and detailed. Each square had multiple colors.

Amazingly, I haven't been able to find a patterns for this. I've looked on ravelry and searched the internet. Will I have to buy the movie and make my own?

1 comment:

  1. You know what I would do if I were you? I'd try to find a means of communicating with the costume designer, Janet Patterson. I don't know off hand how to do it, but I do know if I really wanted it, I'd give it a try. As a fellow artist of fabric and thread she would most certainly be sympathetic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails